Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- Credit: Submitted
Voters in the Sidmouth ward are set to go to the polls on May 6 to determine who should represent them on Devon County Council.
There is one seat available in this ward and the candidates are as follows:
Stuart Hughes (Conservatives)
In recent weeks as we move towards a more normal life I’ve had the pleasure of catching up with local residents and discussing local issues that affect each and everyone of us in the Sid Valley. I've also been humbled by your appreciation for results achieved on behalf of the community.
I therefore give you this pledge. Give me five minutes of your time on May 6 and I shall give you 100% of my time over the next four years.
A local, I live in Sidmouth, I’m only a phone call away on 07725 708891 my website stuarthughes.org
Dr Louise MacAllister (East Devon Alliance)
I am experienced in community resilience and planning, supporting independent businesses, and working together with individuals, businesses, and local groups to enhance the community and overcome issues.
If elected I will immediately get to work on the long-promised, yet never delivered comprehensive transport plan for the Sid Valley, and improving our roads.
I will always work to protect our NHS services that have been undermined by years of Conservative cuts, campaign to increase the abysmally low pupil premium for schools in Devon, and work to enhance and protect our environment.
I will always use my locality budget transparently and responsibly.
Colin Mills (Labour)
I was born and brought up in Sidmouth, and I now live in Sidford. I am an Open University graduate. My priorities for Devon are to:
- Stimulate the economy through investment, improving skills with life-long education and training, and encouraging the creation of sustainable jobs;
- Halt climate change by promoting sustainable practices at all levels, and reducing carbon emission,
- Defend and develop integrated health services, and community and social care;
- Ensure there is a county-wide fast broadband so that everyone can study and learn online or work from home;
- Support schools, colleges and universities
- 1 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 4 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 5 Attention turns to domestic success after Chiefs' European exit
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Children’s Hospice South West receive £830 from the Freemasons
- 8 People's love for art stands test of lockdown in Sidmouth
- 9 Property of the Week: Mentone, Sidmouth
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results and Fixtures