Sidmouth candlelight night to light up sky
Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary will light 15,000 candles for annual Candlelight evening
SKIES will light up over Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary on Friday, December 9, as staff light more than 15,000 candles for its annual Candlelight evening.
From 3.30pm, candles will start being lit; weather permitting, with each one representing a dedication from supporters to the memory of a loved one.
Honiton Brass Band will perform traditional Christmas carols in the main yard area from 5.00pm.
Stables in the main yard will be home to a live nativity scene, while in a nearby stable, knitted donkeys, handcrafted by the charity’s supporters, will be sold.
Children can see Santa in his magical grotto at EST’s Sidmouth Centre - the Sanctuary’s sister charity.
Christmas wreaths, candleholders and hot drinks will also be on sale and mulled wine, mince pies and other refreshments will be available from The Hayloft Restaurant and Main Yard.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 7 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
Events Co-ordinator Claire Shapcott said: “Our Candlelight evening is a truly magical Christmas experience and a very special way for us to share the season with our supporters.
“The whole sanctuary glows with a wonderful, cosy atmosphere and we would love visitors to wrap up warmly, come along and join in the fun.”
If you cannot make it, you can see the carol service by webcam via the charity’s website: www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk, as well as leave a message.