Sidmouth car park probe
RESIDENTS can have a say on Sidmouth’s off-street car parks through the town council and chamber of commerce.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) is conducting a review of facilities, including those at The Ham and in Manor Road, it owns and manages.
The authority says its car parks are an “essential” service to residents, visitors and businesses that contribute to its revenue.
Elected members called for a review to ensure the sites “are being used efficiently”.
Sidmouth Town Council has been involved in the drafting a car park review following a series of meetings, said an EDDC spokesman.
Residents have been told to submit their comments on car parks to the town council, who can then submit one, co-ordinated response from the whole parish.
Likewise, businesses should direct their views to Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce.
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
Both bodies have been invited to fill out online questionnaires as part of the process.