Sidmouth car park probe
RESIDENTS can have a say on Sidmouth’s off-street car parks through the town council and chamber of commerce.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) is conducting a review of facilities, including those at The Ham and in Manor Road, it owns and manages.
The authority says its car parks are an “essential” service to residents, visitors and businesses that contribute to its revenue.
Elected members called for a review to ensure the sites “are being used efficiently”.
Sidmouth Town Council has been involved in the drafting a car park review following a series of meetings, said an EDDC spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Residents have been told to submit their comments on car parks to the town council, who can then submit one, co-ordinated response from the whole parish.
Likewise, businesses should direct their views to Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
Both bodies have been invited to fill out online questionnaires as part of the process.