Sidmouth car park probe
RESIDENTS can have a say on Sidmouth’s off-street car parks through the town council and chamber of commerce.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) is conducting a review of facilities, including those at The Ham and in Manor Road, it owns and manages.
The authority says its car parks are an “essential” service to residents, visitors and businesses that contribute to its revenue.
Elected members called for a review to ensure the sites “are being used efficiently”.
Sidmouth Town Council has been involved in the drafting a car park review following a series of meetings, said an EDDC spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Residents have been told to submit their comments on car parks to the town council, who can then submit one, co-ordinated response from the whole parish.
Likewise, businesses should direct their views to Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Both bodies have been invited to fill out online questionnaires as part of the process.