Couple’s car covered with black paint by vandals
- Credit: Archant
A car has been vandalised with black paint poured all over its boot lid.
Haydn Thomas, who lives with his wife Marilyn in Lymebourne Park, Sidmouth, woke on Thursday morning (February 21) to discover vandals had attacked their vehicle.
Mr Thomas, who is the chairman of the Sid Vale Talking Newspaper Association, managed to clean the car but said it took him two hours and that it was a rubber, latex type paint.
He said he was not sure whether it was random vandalism, but he said people may need to be on their guard in case a series of incidents take place.
Sidmouth suffered a spate of car vandalism back in 2015 when six vehicles parked along the Esplanade and three signs at Jurassic Paddle Sports were hit causing more than £200 worth of damage.
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Cornwall Police has asked anyone with information or CCTV footage that could assist in the latest attack to email email@example.com citing crime number CR/015893/19.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight