Sidmouth card shop reaches Retas finals
Jim and Sandra Cole thrilled as shop chosen as SW finalists in top London retail awards
CARDSHOP owners Jim and Sandra Cole are jumping for joy after being selected as finalists in a national competition.
The couple, who run Coles in Sidmouth High Street, have been sorting out their Forties-style clothes to wear to the finals of the Retas Awards for best independent greeting card retailer in the South West, when they are held in London on July 13.
“We are really proud and excited and it is nice for Sidmouth as well, being an independent shop,” said Jim, who has run Coles with Sandra for the past six years.
They are one of five finalists in the category and were nominated by their card reps and mystery shoppers. The others are from Stubbington, Bristol, Cirencester and Padstow.
You may also want to watch:
The couple will take a proper break in town, meeting up the evening before with Sandra’s brother John McDougall from Scotland.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year