Sidmouth card shop reaches Retas finals
Jim and Sandra Cole thrilled as shop chosen as SW finalists in top London retail awards
CARDSHOP owners Jim and Sandra Cole are jumping for joy after being selected as finalists in a national competition.
The couple, who run Coles in Sidmouth High Street, have been sorting out their Forties-style clothes to wear to the finals of the Retas Awards for best independent greeting card retailer in the South West, when they are held in London on July 13.
“We are really proud and excited and it is nice for Sidmouth as well, being an independent shop,” said Jim, who has run Coles with Sandra for the past six years.
They are one of five finalists in the category and were nominated by their card reps and mystery shoppers. The others are from Stubbington, Bristol, Cirencester and Padstow.
You may also want to watch:
The couple will take a proper break in town, meeting up the evening before with Sandra’s brother John McDougall from Scotland.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view