Sidmouth card shop reaches Retas finals
Jim and Sandra Cole thrilled as shop chosen as SW finalists in top London retail awards
CARDSHOP owners Jim and Sandra Cole are jumping for joy after being selected as finalists in a national competition.
The couple, who run Coles in Sidmouth High Street, have been sorting out their Forties-style clothes to wear to the finals of the Retas Awards for best independent greeting card retailer in the South West, when they are held in London on July 13.
“We are really proud and excited and it is nice for Sidmouth as well, being an independent shop,” said Jim, who has run Coles with Sandra for the past six years.
They are one of five finalists in the category and were nominated by their card reps and mystery shoppers. The others are from Stubbington, Bristol, Cirencester and Padstow.
You may also want to watch:
The couple will take a proper break in town, meeting up the evening before with Sandra’s brother John McDougall from Scotland.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop