Sidmouth care home handed national accolade
Sidmouth’s Arcot House has been awarded a national accolade after it was named Care Home of the Year at the National Care Awards 2017.
The result was announced at a ceremony in London on Friday.
Doveleigh Care Limited, which runs the home, also landed the Care Home Group of the Year accolade.
Residents held a special celebration yesterday to mark the occasion with family and friends.
Samantha Evens, a senior manager at the company, said: “For Arcot to achieve an excellent CQC [Care Quality Commission] result was an achievement in itself, so to achieve this was wonderful.
You may also want to watch:
“I have worked so hard and so has my team.
“It shows that there are outstanding care homes out there. People who work in our care homes really love their jobs – it is about helping people to live in their homes, living their lives as they would normally.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd