Sidmouth Care Home reaches final of National Care Awards
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth care home that was first in the South West to receive ‘outstanding’ across the board from inspectors has been nominated for a national award.
Arcot House has been named a finalist for the Care Home of the Year category at the National Care Awards.
The event celebrates those working in the care sector across 18 categories. Finalists will meet two independent judges this week, before the ceremony in November.
David Baddiel will present the trophies at a gala night at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel.
Samantha Evens, registered manager at the home, said: “In our most recent inspection, the CQC recognised that our residents were at the heart of our service and we consistently provided a high level of care.
You may also want to watch:
“The ethos of our home is that of an extended family, of which our staff, residents and relatives are an important part. To now be a finalist for Care Home of the Year 2017 is further recognition of everybody’s hard work and dedication.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge