Sidmouth care home to improve fire safety measures
A SIDMOUTH care home will up its safety measures after being labelled a high fire risk .
A SIDMOUTH care home will up its safety measures after being labelled a "high fire risk".
Twenty-six bedroom Arcot House has been granted planning permission to install fire protection measures, including the replacement of fire doors, after being issued an enforcement notice.
The Arcot Gardens premises' planning application revealed Devon and Somerset Fire Service chiefs requested the work be undertaken.
The application also revealed the building was considered as a "high fire risk"
You may also want to watch:
Plans read: "The works have become necessary due to a fire enforcement notice being served on the owner."
Blueprints, which will improve residents' safety in case of fire, were given the go-ahead by East Devon District Council.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary