Sidmouth care worker recognised for hard work
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth carer has been recognised for her fantastic achievements and commitments.
Gabrielle Clee, a senior care assistant at Malden House in Sidmouth, has completed her health and social care level two and level three, as well as her care leadership and management level five with lifetime training – in just one year.
Gabby has been working to challenge the perceptions of apprenticeships.
Before completing her qualifications, she thought apprenticeships were just about working for a company, for lower pay in order to get a job at the end.
Now she feels quite different. She said: “Overall it was very productive and because it was productive, it was a very enjoyable experience.
You may also want to watch:
“The support I got from my assessors and manager was invaluable, without this support it would have been a struggle and not as enjoyable.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles