Sidmouth carers urged to apply for break cash
CARERS in Sidmouth have been encouraged to apply for a grant to spend on an activity to give them a break from looking after loved-ones.
The flexible break grant could include cash to pay for a weekend away, a day trip, a new computer or equipment for a hobby.
Carers are encouraged to get in contact with the Devon Carers Centre, where support and advice will be given on help available and also how to apply for the grant.
Devon County Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member responsible for carers, said: “Often people do not recognise themselves as carers, especially those who are looking after their spouses or children.
“The flexible breaks grant really can be used for whatever a person needs to give them a break from caring.”
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council and NHS Devon have jointly commissioned the Devon Carers Centre to administer �360,000 of funding to target ‘hidden’ carers, such as young carers who are proving regular care to adults.
Anyone who would like advice on caring and to learn more about the help and support that is available can contact the Devon Carer Centre on 08456 434 435, or visit: www.devoncarerscentre.org.uk
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead