Sidmouth carers urged to apply for break cash
CARERS in Sidmouth have been encouraged to apply for a grant to spend on an activity to give them a break from looking after loved-ones.
The flexible break grant could include cash to pay for a weekend away, a day trip, a new computer or equipment for a hobby.
Carers are encouraged to get in contact with the Devon Carers Centre, where support and advice will be given on help available and also how to apply for the grant.
Devon County Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member responsible for carers, said: “Often people do not recognise themselves as carers, especially those who are looking after their spouses or children.
“The flexible breaks grant really can be used for whatever a person needs to give them a break from caring.”
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council and NHS Devon have jointly commissioned the Devon Carers Centre to administer �360,000 of funding to target ‘hidden’ carers, such as young carers who are proving regular care to adults.
Anyone who would like advice on caring and to learn more about the help and support that is available can contact the Devon Carer Centre on 08456 434 435, or visit: www.devoncarerscentre.org.uk
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music