Sidmouth Carnival help plea
THE new driving force behind Sidmouth’s Carnival spectacular hopes increased community involvement will see the event go from strength to strength in the future.
THE new organiser behind Sidmouth’s Carnival spectacular hopes increased community involvement will see the event go from strength to strength in the future.
Reflecting on his first year in charge of the annual September bonanza, Carnival Committee chairman Terry Clarke has urged residents and organisations to come forward with ideas on how to improve on this year’s success. He said: “Now we’ve shown what can be achieved, it would be nice to see more people come along and join us. Anybody interested in helping would be very welcome. When it comes to Carnival day we could have done with more help in Woolbrook Road.”
Terry praised the town’s community spirit after a fundraising drive on the night netted �2,500.
“We had no idea how much interest there was in the town for the Carnival,” he said, “it was a real eye-opener as people were so generous.”
You may also want to watch:
Terry said he’d welcome single representatives from local organisations joining the Carnival Committee.
A coffee morning and table sale on Saturday, November 27, at St Johns Hall and a variety night in January will raise extra cash for the Carnival.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Anyone interested in helping, or with ideas on how to improve the Carnival, can contact Terry on (01395) 568815 or e-mail email@example.com.