Sidmouth Carnival help plea
THE new driving force behind Sidmouth’s Carnival spectacular hopes increased community involvement will see the event go from strength to strength in the future.
THE new organiser behind Sidmouth’s Carnival spectacular hopes increased community involvement will see the event go from strength to strength in the future.
Reflecting on his first year in charge of the annual September bonanza, Carnival Committee chairman Terry Clarke has urged residents and organisations to come forward with ideas on how to improve on this year’s success. He said: “Now we’ve shown what can be achieved, it would be nice to see more people come along and join us. Anybody interested in helping would be very welcome. When it comes to Carnival day we could have done with more help in Woolbrook Road.”
Terry praised the town’s community spirit after a fundraising drive on the night netted �2,500.
“We had no idea how much interest there was in the town for the Carnival,” he said, “it was a real eye-opener as people were so generous.”
You may also want to watch:
Terry said he’d welcome single representatives from local organisations joining the Carnival Committee.
A coffee morning and table sale on Saturday, November 27, at St Johns Hall and a variety night in January will raise extra cash for the Carnival.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
Anyone interested in helping, or with ideas on how to improve the Carnival, can contact Terry on (01395) 568815 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.