Sidmouth Carnival is looking for its Queen
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the annual carnival are asking for a volunteer to come forward and lead the procession.
Anyone who would like the chance to don a crown and be queen for the day in Sidmouth has been asked to put themselves forward.
So far no one has volunteered for the role as Sidmouth’s carnival queen, so organisers are now appealing for a royal highness to come forward and take centre stage on the day.
Anyone can apply but must be over the age of 13-years-old.
The event, which will take place on September 23, already has two carnival princesses but will need a queen to ride in the car and wave to crowds on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers expect there to be in the region of 30 to 40 floats taking part in the procession which will start in Woolbrook at around 7.15pm before finishing in Station Road in Sidmouth Town Centre.
Jo Hughes, chair of the Sidmouth Carnival Committee, said: “All our previous carnival queens have had a great time and enjoyed the role and atmosphere thoroughly.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
Call Jo on 01395 744005 for more information.