Sidmouth Carnival prepares to roll into town
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Carnival will roll back into town on Saturday, September 23.
This year’s parade could see up to 30 entries from groups across the district.
Stepping up to carry out royal duties are carnival princesses Grace Thompson, aged 10, and Mia White, 11.
Carnival committee chairman Jo Hughes said organisers were hoping to amass a team of collectors to help at this year’s event.
She said: “We would be grateful of any help, even for collectors on the night. It would be nice if the public can give as much as they can to keep the carnival going.”
You may also want to watch:
Road closures will be in place from 4.30pm to 10.30pm.
Affected roads include Woolbrook Road, All Saints Road, Arcot Road, Temple Street, Vicarage Road, and the Esplanade; High Street will be closed at Radway.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
To volunteer to collect or join the committee, call Jo Hughes on 01395 744005.