Sidmouth Carnival prepares to roll into town
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Carnival will roll back into town on Saturday, September 23.
This year’s parade could see up to 30 entries from groups across the district.
Stepping up to carry out royal duties are carnival princesses Grace Thompson, aged 10, and Mia White, 11.
Carnival committee chairman Jo Hughes said organisers were hoping to amass a team of collectors to help at this year’s event.
She said: “We would be grateful of any help, even for collectors on the night. It would be nice if the public can give as much as they can to keep the carnival going.”
You may also want to watch:
Road closures will be in place from 4.30pm to 10.30pm.
Affected roads include Woolbrook Road, All Saints Road, Arcot Road, Temple Street, Vicarage Road, and the Esplanade; High Street will be closed at Radway.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
To volunteer to collect or join the committee, call Jo Hughes on 01395 744005.