Sidmouth Catholic church hosts Bible talk
Bible translation talk forms part of Sidmouth’s 400th celebrations of King James’ Bible
THE Catholic church in Sidmouth will host a talk about Bible translation as part of the town’s celebrations for the 400th Anniversary of the King James’ Bible.
The talk will be given in St Theresa’s Hall, Connaught Road, at 7.30pm on Thursday, September 15.
The speaker is the Rev. Dr Peter Burrows, a retired priest of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Plymouth, currently living and working with the Society of African Missions in London.
Born in Los Angeles, California, he studied theology at Harvard, and received a PhD in Rabbinic and Biblical Literature from Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Cincinnati, Ohio.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be served at 7pm and everyone is warmly invited to come along.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites