Sidmouth Catholic church hosts Bible talk
Bible translation talk forms part of Sidmouth’s 400th celebrations of King James’ Bible
THE Catholic church in Sidmouth will host a talk about Bible translation as part of the town’s celebrations for the 400th Anniversary of the King James’ Bible.
The talk will be given in St Theresa’s Hall, Connaught Road, at 7.30pm on Thursday, September 15.
The speaker is the Rev. Dr Peter Burrows, a retired priest of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Plymouth, currently living and working with the Society of African Missions in London.
Born in Los Angeles, California, he studied theology at Harvard, and received a PhD in Rabbinic and Biblical Literature from Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Cincinnati, Ohio.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be served at 7pm and everyone is warmly invited to come along.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start