Sidmouth Catholic church hosts Bible talk
Bible translation talk forms part of Sidmouth’s 400th celebrations of King James’ Bible
THE Catholic church in Sidmouth will host a talk about Bible translation as part of the town’s celebrations for the 400th Anniversary of the King James’ Bible.
The talk will be given in St Theresa’s Hall, Connaught Road, at 7.30pm on Thursday, September 15.
The speaker is the Rev. Dr Peter Burrows, a retired priest of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Plymouth, currently living and working with the Society of African Missions in London.
Born in Los Angeles, California, he studied theology at Harvard, and received a PhD in Rabbinic and Biblical Literature from Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Cincinnati, Ohio.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be served at 7pm and everyone is warmly invited to come along.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth