Sidmouth causes get cash boost
Sidmouth causes were boosted last week as county councillor Stuart Hughes got his cheque book out.
COUNTY Councillor Stuart Hughes had a busy week handing out funds from his locality budget to Sidmouth causes.
The Sid Vale Carnival Club received a boost on Tuesday when received £1500 funding towards a new public address system for their float.
Cllr Hughes handed over a cheque and said as a keen supporter and organiser of Sidmouth Carnival for the last 17 years, he was well aware of the hard work the club puts into building the float.
He said: "Carnivals are part of our culture and provide entertainment and a spectacle of colour light and sound for local residents and visitors alike. I'm delighted to be able to support the club's efforts."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Hughes was "delighted" to hand over a cheque in support of Sidmouth in Bloom on Monday and hopes the contribution will go towards the town's floral displays getting national recognition.
The £651 handed over was to cover the cost of the "stunning" display outside the Fire and Ambulance Station for the second year running.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Cllr Hughes said: "Everyone is saying that this year's display is the best they have seen. This will hopefully contribute to Sidmouth winning a prize in the national Britain in Bloom competition."
The Sidmouth Vision Group also received a contribution of £500 from Councillor Stuart Hughes on Tuesday.
Cllr Hughes said: "The money will be going towards working up the submission of a mini scheme brief for inclusion in the 2012 Local Transport Plan on traffic management for reduction of vehicles using the town's streets. We shall be working closely together on the issue.