Sidmouth centre home to fitness classes
If you want to get into shape there is a place in Sidmouth that is getting quite a reputation as a fitness centre.
IF you are hoping to get fit then there is a place in Sidmouth that is getting quite a reputation as a fitness centre.
Kennaway House and its Cellar Bar have a number of activities booked during the week to help trim that waist and get people together for an evening of dance and fun.
From belly dancing and Salsa to the latest craze of Zumba, the Regency house in Coburg Road is already the venue for these classes, with more health-orientated sessions to come.
On Sunday people danced the evening away at a Salsa Latin Party Night run by Sonja Heigl of Abanico Salsa dance school in Exmouth. Her classes are proving very popular.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesdays, from 6pm to 7.15pm you can join Zumba classes, which combine Latin-inspired movements with a calorie burning fitness programme, while on Wednesday evenings, from 6-7pm you can discover the delights of belly dancing, which is suitable for ladies of any shape, age or size.
Now another way of keeping in shape is to start sessions at Kennaway House, with K’s Pilates Classes to help posture, balance, breathing and core muscle control, will being on Tuesday mornings from May 4. You can call Kay on (01404) 871581 for more details.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
Kennaway House manager Liz Halls has tried out most of the above and says of the Pilates class: “It will be more sedate. Classes in Beer are finishing and coming to Kennaway House in the elegant Hatton Wood room.
“Kay is an experienced teacher, who trained with the Royal Ballet and The Ballet Rambert.”