Sidmouth centre home to fitness classes
If you want to get into shape there is a place in Sidmouth that is getting quite a reputation as a fitness centre.
IF you are hoping to get fit then there is a place in Sidmouth that is getting quite a reputation as a fitness centre.
Kennaway House and its Cellar Bar have a number of activities booked during the week to help trim that waist and get people together for an evening of dance and fun.
From belly dancing and Salsa to the latest craze of Zumba, the Regency house in Coburg Road is already the venue for these classes, with more health-orientated sessions to come.
On Sunday people danced the evening away at a Salsa Latin Party Night run by Sonja Heigl of Abanico Salsa dance school in Exmouth. Her classes are proving very popular.
On Tuesdays, from 6pm to 7.15pm you can join Zumba classes, which combine Latin-inspired movements with a calorie burning fitness programme, while on Wednesday evenings, from 6-7pm you can discover the delights of belly dancing, which is suitable for ladies of any shape, age or size.
Now another way of keeping in shape is to start sessions at Kennaway House, with K’s Pilates Classes to help posture, balance, breathing and core muscle control, will being on Tuesday mornings from May 4. You can call Kay on (01404) 871581 for more details.
- 1 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 2 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 3 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 4 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Harlan's a winner after completing reading challenge
- 7 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
Kennaway House manager Liz Halls has tried out most of the above and says of the Pilates class: “It will be more sedate. Classes in Beer are finishing and coming to Kennaway House in the elegant Hatton Wood room.
“Kay is an experienced teacher, who trained with the Royal Ballet and The Ballet Rambert.”