Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce announces new chairman
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce has a new chairman and president following its annual general meeting this week.
Mel Gater stood down on Wednesday after completing her two year term and will be succeeded by David Wheaton.
Mrs Gater, who is the second female chairman in 74 years, will take up the position of temporary vice-chairman until the chamber receive a nomination.
Richard Eley has been appointed as president from Derek Parry who stepped down after 12 years.
Matt Portman will remain treasurer until next year.
You may also want to watch:
Edwina Ford and Steven Kendall-Torry were re-elected to the executive committee and will work alongside Mike Lavers, Martin Crockett, Sarah Tregale, Denese Molyneux, Tracey Millar and Jayne Eley.
David Cook was also voted to join the committee.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman