Sidmouth Chamber of commerce treasurer dies in Cypriot hospital after contracting sudden illness
- Credit: Archant
The treasurer of Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce has died after a sudden illness while abroad in Cyprus.
Matt Portman was taken ill on holiday died at a Cypriot hospital.
He leaves a wife, Sue, and two young children, Sophie and Will.
A chamber spokesman said: "Our deepest sympathy is extended to them and we will do everything it can to help them at this very difficult time.
"Matt was an excellent treasurer, and an enthusiastic committee member, who fully participated in all our chamber activities.
You may also want to watch:
"Much more than that, he was great company, with a wonderful sense of humour - a very popular and hugely respected contributor in every way. He will be very much missed."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead