Sidmouth charity auction holiday prize
A GENEROUS Sidmouth businessman is supporting local police officers who are undertaking a gruelling day of activities to raise money for a children s charity. Peter Coletti, owner of Devon Ducks Motorhome and Caravan Hire, is offering a motorhome and a st
A GENEROUS Sidmouth businessman is supporting local police officers who are undertaking a gruelling day of activities to raise money for a children's charity.
Peter Coletti, owner of Devon Ducks Motorhome and Caravan Hire, is offering a motorhome and a state-of-the-art caravan for three nights to the highest bidders of an auction in aid of the Starlight Foundation.
The auction has been organised by 12 East Devon police officers as part of a fundraising event which will also see them take part in a 50-mile triathlon.
Peter, who lives on site at Kingsdown Business Park, said: "It is a really good cause. We have got to do it for the kids as no one else will."
The Starlight Foundation brings a bit of magic into the lives of young people with serious or life-threatening illnesses.
It grants wishes, provides entertainment in hospitals, days out and much more.
- 1 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 2 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 4 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 5 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 6 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 7 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club awards ceremony
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
The triathlon event will start with a one mile swim at Seaton, followed by a nine mile run up the Axe Valley and ends with a 40 mile bike ride around East Devon.
A post-celebration event will take place at the Axe Yacht Club and will include a hog roast, raffle and the auction.
The three berth TAB caravan, which Peter describes as a "tardis", would usually cost around �500 to hire for three nights and the motorhome, which sleep up to six people, would be priced at �225.
He added: "They really are great prizes. We get around 300 enquiries a week for the caravan."
The fundraising event takes place on Saturday, September 19, and the police officers will set off on their testing triathlon at around 8am, depending on the tide.
The hog roast will take place at around 4.30-5pm, followed by the auction and raffle.
To sponsor the athletes, visit http://www.justgiving.com/starlight_challenge/
If you can offer a raffle prize, an item for the auction, or can help in any other way, call Sergeant John Gait on (01404) 548602 or email him at email@example.com.