Sidmouth charity auction holiday prize
A GENEROUS Sidmouth businessman is supporting local police officers who are undertaking a gruelling day of activities to raise money for a children s charity. Peter Coletti, owner of Devon Ducks Motorhome and Caravan Hire, is offering a motorhome and a st
A GENEROUS Sidmouth businessman is supporting local police officers who are undertaking a gruelling day of activities to raise money for a children's charity.
Peter Coletti, owner of Devon Ducks Motorhome and Caravan Hire, is offering a motorhome and a state-of-the-art caravan for three nights to the highest bidders of an auction in aid of the Starlight Foundation.
The auction has been organised by 12 East Devon police officers as part of a fundraising event which will also see them take part in a 50-mile triathlon.
Peter, who lives on site at Kingsdown Business Park, said: "It is a really good cause. We have got to do it for the kids as no one else will."
The Starlight Foundation brings a bit of magic into the lives of young people with serious or life-threatening illnesses.
It grants wishes, provides entertainment in hospitals, days out and much more.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 3 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
- 10 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
The triathlon event will start with a one mile swim at Seaton, followed by a nine mile run up the Axe Valley and ends with a 40 mile bike ride around East Devon.
A post-celebration event will take place at the Axe Yacht Club and will include a hog roast, raffle and the auction.
The three berth TAB caravan, which Peter describes as a "tardis", would usually cost around �500 to hire for three nights and the motorhome, which sleep up to six people, would be priced at �225.
He added: "They really are great prizes. We get around 300 enquiries a week for the caravan."
The fundraising event takes place on Saturday, September 19, and the police officers will set off on their testing triathlon at around 8am, depending on the tide.
The hog roast will take place at around 4.30-5pm, followed by the auction and raffle.
To sponsor the athletes, visit http://www.justgiving.com/starlight_challenge/
If you can offer a raffle prize, an item for the auction, or can help in any other way, call Sergeant John Gait on (01404) 548602 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.