Sidmouth swimathon teams go to great lengths for charity
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Sid Valley charities and Cancer Research UK will benefit by more than £10,000, raised by last year’s Sidmouth swimathon.
The annual event is organised by the Rotary Club of Sidmouth, whose chosen charities for 2019 were the Gateway Homelessness Action Project, the Admiral Nurse and Sidmouth Lifeboat.
Cancer Research UK was the charity chosen by the four teams from Sidmouth Golf Club.
The event attracted 27 teams, totalling 168 people, who swam 2,889 lengths of Sidmouth swimming pool between them.
They raised £10,262, including £2,450 from the golf club for the cancer charity.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Rotary will present the cheques in the near future.
Organiser Nigel Sharp said: "On behalf of Sidmouth Rotary I would like to say thank you for the support of all the organisations involved, the team captains and the swimmers that arrive each year and make this such an important fundraiser for charities and good causes in the town."
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The 2020 swimathon will take place on Saturday, October 3.