Sidmouth chiropodists gain national accreditation
Sidmouth chiropodists gain award
STAFF at Sidmouth’s Holmdale Surgery are celebrating being one of the first
practices in East Devon to be accredited by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
Being awarded Practice Accreditation shows the surgery complies with national standards and best practice within the profession.
John Nicolle who established the practice in 1989 said: “The profession has seen great changes in recent years, not least the use of the term Podiatrist which will replace the word Chiropodist in the near future.
“Both terms are now protected in law and can only be used by practitioners registered by the Health Professions Council.
“We applied for practice accreditation so that our patients can have confidence that their care is being provided in a safe environment that has been vetted by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.”
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 10 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money