Sidmouth chiropodists gain national accreditation
Sidmouth chiropodists gain award
STAFF at Sidmouth’s Holmdale Surgery are celebrating being one of the first
practices in East Devon to be accredited by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
Being awarded Practice Accreditation shows the surgery complies with national standards and best practice within the profession.
John Nicolle who established the practice in 1989 said: “The profession has seen great changes in recent years, not least the use of the term Podiatrist which will replace the word Chiropodist in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
“Both terms are now protected in law and can only be used by practitioners registered by the Health Professions Council.
“We applied for practice accreditation so that our patients can have confidence that their care is being provided in a safe environment that has been vetted by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.”
- 1 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 2 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 7 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times
- 10 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay