Sidmouth chiropodists gain national accreditation
Sidmouth chiropodists gain award
STAFF at Sidmouth’s Holmdale Surgery are celebrating being one of the first
practices in East Devon to be accredited by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
Being awarded Practice Accreditation shows the surgery complies with national standards and best practice within the profession.
John Nicolle who established the practice in 1989 said: “The profession has seen great changes in recent years, not least the use of the term Podiatrist which will replace the word Chiropodist in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
“Both terms are now protected in law and can only be used by practitioners registered by the Health Professions Council.
“We applied for practice accreditation so that our patients can have confidence that their care is being provided in a safe environment that has been vetted by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future