Sidmouth choir seeks new conductor
FOLK songs will be performed on the Esplanade by Sidmouth s Bel Canto choir during FolkWeek.
FOLK songs will be performed on the Esplanade by Sidmouth's Bel Canto choir during FolkWeek.
On Monday, August 3 and Wednesday, August 5, from 2.30pm, the choir will entertain festival goers with a wide selection of folk songs on the seafront near the Bedford Hotel.
"If the weather is good we have enough material for an hour-and-a-half," said Jane Mills, its conductor for 10 years, who, despite trying to retire from the post, will lead the performances.
She said: "We need a new conductor to take over in the autumn. I had someone who was interested but they dropped out because they were too busy.
You may also want to watch:
"One lady living in London and doing up a house in Ottery St Mary seemed keen. Unfortunately I don't have her number so perhaps she could ring me."
Jane won't leave the choir in the lurch and says she will conduct at its Christmas concert at Killerton House, but adds: "I am not going back to do regular practices in September and October. I am putting on the brake."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
If you are interested in helping out, call Jane on (01395) 514931.