Sidmouth choir seeks new conductor
FOLK songs will be performed on the Esplanade by Sidmouth s Bel Canto choir during FolkWeek.
FOLK songs will be performed on the Esplanade by Sidmouth's Bel Canto choir during FolkWeek.
On Monday, August 3 and Wednesday, August 5, from 2.30pm, the choir will entertain festival goers with a wide selection of folk songs on the seafront near the Bedford Hotel.
"If the weather is good we have enough material for an hour-and-a-half," said Jane Mills, its conductor for 10 years, who, despite trying to retire from the post, will lead the performances.
She said: "We need a new conductor to take over in the autumn. I had someone who was interested but they dropped out because they were too busy.
You may also want to watch:
"One lady living in London and doing up a house in Ottery St Mary seemed keen. Unfortunately I don't have her number so perhaps she could ring me."
Jane won't leave the choir in the lurch and says she will conduct at its Christmas concert at Killerton House, but adds: "I am not going back to do regular practices in September and October. I am putting on the brake."
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
If you are interested in helping out, call Jane on (01395) 514931.