Sidmouth choir seeks new conductor
FOLK songs will be performed on the Esplanade by Sidmouth s Bel Canto choir during FolkWeek.
FOLK songs will be performed on the Esplanade by Sidmouth's Bel Canto choir during FolkWeek.
On Monday, August 3 and Wednesday, August 5, from 2.30pm, the choir will entertain festival goers with a wide selection of folk songs on the seafront near the Bedford Hotel.
"If the weather is good we have enough material for an hour-and-a-half," said Jane Mills, its conductor for 10 years, who, despite trying to retire from the post, will lead the performances.
She said: "We need a new conductor to take over in the autumn. I had someone who was interested but they dropped out because they were too busy.
You may also want to watch:
"One lady living in London and doing up a house in Ottery St Mary seemed keen. Unfortunately I don't have her number so perhaps she could ring me."
Jane won't leave the choir in the lurch and says she will conduct at its Christmas concert at Killerton House, but adds: "I am not going back to do regular practices in September and October. I am putting on the brake."
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
If you are interested in helping out, call Jane on (01395) 514931.