Sidmouth choir seeks singers and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
The Cameo Chamber Choir are looking for four more ladies to join an “interesting and unusual” group with a varied repertoire. Read this and more.
MACMILLAN QUIZ: Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth will be holding their annual quiz on Thursday, March 7, at the town’s cricket club.
Tickets, priced £10.50, include a hot supper and are now available from Coles Newsagents in High Street.
This year’s fun will see the event graced by a “Macmillan Quizmaster” and residents are invited come along and test their brainpower against him.
An enjoyable night out is promised, and teams of up to six people are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call Christine Bull on 01395 515434.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
CHOIR RECRUITMENT: The Cameo Chamber Choir are looking for four more ladies to join an “interesting and unusual” group with a varied repertoire.
Two sopranos, a second and an alto are required to bring up the numbers, joining the ranks of around 13 singers who meet on Wednesdays at 10am in St Francis church hall, Woolbrook Road, Sidmouth.
Call conductor Andrew Downie on 01395 568476.
WHAT BRASS: The Sidmouth Lions Club is bringing together the River City Chorus with Sidmouth Town Band for an evening of popular, traditional and classical music.
Tickets are available from the Manor Pavilion box office or on 01395 514413 for £9, with proceeds going to the Devon Freewheelers and the Lions Club’s community service and charity activities.
The music will start in the theatre from 7.30pm on Saturday, February 23.
GET IN LINE: Stowford Community Centre’s series of country and western dances returns on Friday, February 15, with Pedro playing live.
The Coastliners group meets monthly, with events running from 8pm until 11pm.
For more information call Jan on 01395 579195 or 07788 277052.
TEA AND CHAT: The next “Tea and Chat” meeting at Sidmouth Garden Centre will take place on Sunday, February 17, at 3pm.