Sidmouth Choral Society Concert to bring Christmas cheer with concert
- Credit: Archant
There will be Christmas cheer galore and plenty of favourite carols to sing along at a concert in Sidmouth this weekend.
The Sidmouth Choral Society’s Christmas Glory Concert will be the first performance under its new musical director, Kris Emmett.
The show will start at 7.30pm tomorrow (Saturday 15) and will be held at Sidmouth Parish Church.
The concert programme includes Vivaldi’s Gloria and a selection of familiar and new seasonal music, including a carol composed by Kris.
There are also well-loved carols for the audience to sing too. Guest soloists Chloe Stratta and Alexandra Beaufoy, organist Andy Benoy and members of Plymouth University Orchestra will also join the choir for the evening. There will also be a retiring collection for Sidmouth Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £10, with a programme and mince pie included, and can be brought from Paragon Books and at the door on the night.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight