Sidmouth Christmas light switch on
Spotlight presenter Louise to switch on Sidmouth’s Christmas lights
SILVER stars and icicles of lights will be switched on in Sidmouth tomorrow, Saturday, by BBC TV presenter Louise Hubball.
She will press the switch in Market Place at 5.30pm.
While some towns have cut back on spending by axing their Christmas light displays, Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, backed by Sidmouth Town Council, has gone ahead to put the town in a festive mood before December.
Children are advised to get there early, and make sure they take along their Golden Ticket, distributed through schools by Chamber members, for the prize draw during the event.
The winner will receive a �100 token to spend at Gliddons Toy Shop, Church Street.
Youngsters are also advised to bring along their present wish lists for Father Christmas, who should be putting in an appearance.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 3 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 4 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 5 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 Sidmouth Running Club welcomes return of the Bicton Blister
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
Many shops will remain open until 6pm and there will be street entertainment.
*The town is also gearing up for its late night shopping event on Friday, December 2.