Sidmouth Christmas light switch on
Spotlight presenter Louise to switch on Sidmouth’s Christmas lights
SILVER stars and icicles of lights will be switched on in Sidmouth tomorrow, Saturday, by BBC TV presenter Louise Hubball.
She will press the switch in Market Place at 5.30pm.
While some towns have cut back on spending by axing their Christmas light displays, Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, backed by Sidmouth Town Council, has gone ahead to put the town in a festive mood before December.
Children are advised to get there early, and make sure they take along their Golden Ticket, distributed through schools by Chamber members, for the prize draw during the event.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will receive a �100 token to spend at Gliddons Toy Shop, Church Street.
Youngsters are also advised to bring along their present wish lists for Father Christmas, who should be putting in an appearance.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Many shops will remain open until 6pm and there will be street entertainment.
*The town is also gearing up for its late night shopping event on Friday, December 2.