‘Biggest’ Sidmouth Christmas light switch in photos
- Credit: Archant
Crowds turned out en masse for Christmas festivities in Sidmouth over the weekend.
Residents and visitors had a whale of time getting into the festive spirit at the annual light switch on Saturday, November 16.
Pupils from Sidmouth Primary School were this year's guests of honour and were asked to lead the countdown to the switch-on and perform a number of carols.
The annual light display is funded by Sidmouth Town Council with support from Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce,
There was music from Vine and Dandy during the event held in the Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
The local Gliddon's steam engine helped to create that Christmas feel.
The lucky Golden Ticket competition, organised by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, for a £100 voucher donated by Gliddon's Toy Shop, was won by a Tipton teacher who donated the prize to pupils.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
Christopher Holland, Sidmouth Town Council's clerk, said: "It was really well attended. It was one of the biggest switch-ons we have had in recent years."