‘Biggest’ Sidmouth Christmas light switch in photos
- Credit: Archant
Crowds turned out en masse for Christmas festivities in Sidmouth over the weekend.
Residents and visitors had a whale of time getting into the festive spirit at the annual light switch on Saturday, November 16.
Pupils from Sidmouth Primary School were this year's guests of honour and were asked to lead the countdown to the switch-on and perform a number of carols.
The annual light display is funded by Sidmouth Town Council with support from Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce,
There was music from Vine and Dandy during the event held in the Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
The local Gliddon's steam engine helped to create that Christmas feel.
The lucky Golden Ticket competition, organised by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, for a £100 voucher donated by Gliddon's Toy Shop, was won by a Tipton teacher who donated the prize to pupils.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Christopher Holland, Sidmouth Town Council's clerk, said: "It was really well attended. It was one of the biggest switch-ons we have had in recent years."