Sidmouth churches appeal for Christmas shoeboxes
Samaritan’s Purse appeal launched through three of Sidmouth’s churches
THREE churches in Sidmouth are asking people to take part in a scheme organised by the Samaritan’s Purse charity.
Primley Church, Sidmouth Methodist Church and the Church of the Most Precious Blood are inviting people to take part in Operation Christmas Child, whereby filled shoe boxes are to be sent to deprived children at Christmas, writes Gregory Carter.
The scheme will reach out to more than a million children in need, going to displaced persons camps, homeless shelters and impoverished neighbourhoods worldwide.
To get involved, pick up a leaflet in church with details of what should be put into the boxes. Once filled, boxes should be wrapped in Christmas paper, with �2.50 included to cover transport costs.
Boxes should be returned to the churches by Friday, November 18.
There will also be a blessing and dedication service on Sunday, November 20, from 10am at Primley United Reformed Church.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 7 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
For further information contact Sandra Tyler at Primley Church (01395) 578352, Brenda Moss at Sidmouth Methodist Church (01395) 512667, Margaret Perrigo at the Church of the Most Precious Blood on (01395) 579934.