Sidmouth churches appeal for Christmas shoeboxes
Samaritan’s Purse appeal launched through three of Sidmouth’s churches
THREE churches in Sidmouth are asking people to take part in a scheme organised by the Samaritan’s Purse charity.
Primley Church, Sidmouth Methodist Church and the Church of the Most Precious Blood are inviting people to take part in Operation Christmas Child, whereby filled shoe boxes are to be sent to deprived children at Christmas, writes Gregory Carter.
The scheme will reach out to more than a million children in need, going to displaced persons camps, homeless shelters and impoverished neighbourhoods worldwide.
To get involved, pick up a leaflet in church with details of what should be put into the boxes. Once filled, boxes should be wrapped in Christmas paper, with �2.50 included to cover transport costs.
Boxes should be returned to the churches by Friday, November 18.
There will also be a blessing and dedication service on Sunday, November 20, from 10am at Primley United Reformed Church.
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 4 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 7 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 8 Jubilee social evening engendered much interest, conversation and questions
- 9 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 10 Church flower festival flourishes again after two 'lost' years
For further information contact Sandra Tyler at Primley Church (01395) 578352, Brenda Moss at Sidmouth Methodist Church (01395) 512667, Margaret Perrigo at the Church of the Most Precious Blood on (01395) 579934.