Award celebrates Sidmouth cinema’s fundraising achievements
- Credit: Archant
The magnificent fundraising achievements of the Sidmouth Cinema team were recognised with the presentation of a commemorative coin from The Poppy Appeal.
The Radway Cinema combined collecting money for the veterans’ charity with special screenings of related films: Dunkirk, Darkest Hour and most recently the anniversary screening of The Dam Busters, raising a total of £3,098.
Amanda Marks, manager, accepted the award on behalf of all those involved. “People really got behind the effort. We would like to thank everyone for everything they have raised,” she said.
The Royal British Legion and Air Cadets attended The Dam Busters screening.
The cinema is also raising money for Hospiscare with a screening of the new Mamma Mia film on July 28 and later for Admiral Nurse.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be massive and hopefully we can do those local charities proud too,” Amanda said.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future