Sidmouth cliff-fall captured on camera by dog walker
Sidmouth resident describes witnessing latest cliff fall at Pennington Point
REGULAR dog walker John Austin, from Woolbrook Meadows, Sidmouth, was lucky enough to capture this cliff fall at Salcombe Cliffs while walking along the seafront recently.
“I looked up and witnessed yet another cliff fall at Pennington Point,” said John. “I estimate about 15-20 cubic metres of cliff fell to the beach with a large cloud of dust.”
It took a few seconds for him to get his camera from his pocket and you can see the results.
John said: “There was quite a big cloud of dust as it fell to the beach. Unfortunately the onshore wind was blowing the dust up the cliff face, so I missed the spectacle by just a few seconds. Next time I shall have the camera ready, just in case.”
You may also want to watch:
* John has a solution to our recent Sparkler UFO alert story. He said: “We have seen these lights in the sky. At first we did not have a clue what it was, but we have now seen these lights on several evenings. They are Chinese lanterns. One went over our house and you could clearly see the flame.” Mystery solved...or is it.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary