Sidmouth club to help Macmillan fundraiser
SIDMOUTH Conservative Club will host a World s Biggest Coffee Morning for Macmillan Cancer Support on Friday, September 25, and is inviting everyone along for cake and a cuppa.
SIDMOUTH Conservative Club will host a World's Biggest Coffee Morning for Macmillan Cancer Support on Friday, September 25, and is inviting everyone along for cake and a cuppa.
Doors open at 10.30am and there will be hand-crafted cards on sale, together with a prize draw.
There will also be a chance to enter the John Lewis grid game to win a top prize of �7,000 in store vouchers, or one of many other voucher prizes offered.
Macmillan wants to raise �8,000,000 through its coffee mornings nationwide.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Julie Hart said: "We support several charities throughout the year and Macmillan is one of the most deserving and worthwhile as many more Macmillan nurses are needed.
Ciaran Devan, chief executive for Macmillan, said: "Every penny raised at a coffee morning will help fund more services for people affected by cancer.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
"There's no right or wrong way to take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning, whether you throw your own coffee morning like Sidmouth Conservative Club, roll out the tea trolley at work for elevenses with colleagues or lay on a glamorous coffee-themed cocktail evening."
To register a coffee event call (0845) 602 1246 or go to www.macmillan.org.uk.