Sidmouth club to help Macmillan fundraiser
SIDMOUTH Conservative Club will host a World s Biggest Coffee Morning for Macmillan Cancer Support on Friday, September 25, and is inviting everyone along for cake and a cuppa.
SIDMOUTH Conservative Club will host a World's Biggest Coffee Morning for Macmillan Cancer Support on Friday, September 25, and is inviting everyone along for cake and a cuppa.
Doors open at 10.30am and there will be hand-crafted cards on sale, together with a prize draw.
There will also be a chance to enter the John Lewis grid game to win a top prize of �7,000 in store vouchers, or one of many other voucher prizes offered.
Macmillan wants to raise �8,000,000 through its coffee mornings nationwide.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Julie Hart said: "We support several charities throughout the year and Macmillan is one of the most deserving and worthwhile as many more Macmillan nurses are needed.
Ciaran Devan, chief executive for Macmillan, said: "Every penny raised at a coffee morning will help fund more services for people affected by cancer.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
"There's no right or wrong way to take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning, whether you throw your own coffee morning like Sidmouth Conservative Club, roll out the tea trolley at work for elevenses with colleagues or lay on a glamorous coffee-themed cocktail evening."
To register a coffee event call (0845) 602 1246 or go to www.macmillan.org.uk.