Sidmouth college art students have photos published
STUNNING photographs depicting Sidmouth s seascapes have been published in a book to accompany an exhibition touring Devon.
STUNNING photographs depicting Sidmouth's seascapes have been published in a book to accompany an exhibition touring Devon.
The pictures were taken by two Year 11 students at Sidmouth College, Izabela Wigier and Jess Leeds, who entered their work as part of a global collection of photographic work by young people about where they live.
The girls, described as "very focused, dedicated students, who greatly enjoy the subject," by Laila Salt, head of art, said they were happy and excited to have their pictures chosen.
The project was initiated by rafiki, an online learning community, with the aim of creating a collection of images that showed an intimate picture of the world through the eyes of its students.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Salt said: "Both Jess and Izabela submitted a very large collection of images; some that they had taken already as well as photographs they took especially for the event.
"The photographs were accepted by the organisers of the exhibition and have since gone on tour around Devon, being displayed at various teaching conferences as well as being entered into a book of the whole collection."
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
She said pupils from different countries took part and their images are included in the book.
"I feel I have really accomplished something," said Jess, while Izabela has "got a great sense of achievement from this."
Only three books were printed to travel with the exhibitions.