Sidmouth College fares well in league tables and more news
Sidmouth College fared above the national and county averages in GCSE result league tables. Read this and more.
GOOD RESULT: Sidmouth College fared above the national and county averages in GCSE result league tables.
Sixty-five per cent of students at the Primley Road institution attained at least five A* to C grades – including maths and English.
The local education average in Devon was 51.8per cent.
The average in England was 58.2per cent.
You may also want to watch:
Full story in next Friday’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
WHEEL CRIME: Four large wheels with tyres, worth �1,000, were stolen from a premises in School Street, Sidford, between 11pm on Monday and 8am on Tuesday.
CHARITY BRIDGE: The Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth raised �300 for a pair of charities for the deaf when it staged a bridge afternoon on Tuesday, January 24.
The event took place in the Darlington Room, in Station Road, and proceeds will go to the Exeter Royal Academy for the Deaf and the Ear Foundation.
More than 40 people attended the event.
LIGHT RELIEF: A Sidmouth solar panel installer has been given the go-ahead to erect them at its own Alexandria Industrial Estate base.
Fords bosses had asked for planning permission and were duly granted it.