Sidmouth College pupils conquer Ten Tors
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College pupils pushed themselves to the limit at the weekend to conquer the Ten Tors.
Four teams of students set off across Dartmoor’s toughest terrain to tackle either the 35-, 45-, or 55-mile course.
It is the first time since 2002 that the school has entered a team for all three challenges.
All of the teams crossed the line before 5pm on the final day, completing the course in 11 hours 44 minutes (45-mile team), 12 hours 20 minutes (35B-team), 13 hours 15 minutes (35A-team) and 16 hours 30 minutes (55-mile team).
College principal James Ingham-Hill said: “We are extremely proud of the students that have worked for months training for this event. It takes a huge amount of commitment, courage and resilience to complete the challenge and they all did fantastically well. They are all a credit to the College.”
You may also want to watch:
The school thanked volunteers who have helped the students to train over the past eight months.
The participating students were:
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
35A team: Josie Crisp, George Goodman, Lucy Gosling, Joel Henderson, Sofia Abrahams and Jamie Wyant.
35B team: Bertie Bentley, Harvey Charlesworth, Eve Cockayne, Millie Jarratt, Daisy Hall and Ellie Howlett.
45-mile team: Josh Allen, Gabriel Broom, Jude D-Price, Toby Garrick, Logan Shepard and Rowan Westall
55-mile team: Joel Badcock, Curtis Hosking, Cameron Fawcett-Hunter, Edward Jones, Freddie Proctor and Chris Adam