Sidmouth College’s new acting head passionate to take school forward
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College’s newly-appointed acting principal has said he is ‘tremendously excited’ and ‘privileged’ to lead the school forward over the next 12 months.
Jim Ingham-Hill will step into the position from September for a year, following the announcement Kenny Duncan will leave the school at the end of the summer term.
In a letter to parents, the chair man of governors, Ann Denner, said that Mr Ingham-Hill had a ‘proven track record’ in delivering high-quality education since joining the school seven years ago.
She said: “It is this drive and enthusiasm, as well as a strong commitment to Sidmouth College that will ensure that the best possible outcomes for students remain as the highest priority for the leadership of the college.”
Mr Ingham-Hill joined Sidmouth College in January 2009 as vice-principal from Uffculme on a six-month secondment, before being offered a full-time position in charge of teaching and learning.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is a great privilege to have been appointed to the post of acting principal at Sidmouth College. I feel very proud and tremendously excited to have been given the opportunity to lead the college and in doing so continue the rapid improvement that has seen the college recognised as one of the top ten comprehensive schools in Devon in 2016.
“I am passionate about working in partnership with the students, staff, governors and the parent community to continue to develop Sidmouth as an exciting, happy and successful college.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
“I very much look forward to leading a highly committed staff to ensure we provide our students with an outstanding education and in doing so provide them the chance to realise their full potential.”