Sidmouth College students smash three school records at annual sports day
- Credit: Archant
They took the hurdles in their stride and reached for the finishing line.
Students at Sidmouth College certainly hurled themselves into the annual inter-house athletics competition with vim and vigour and three school records were broken.
George Gelling’s year 10 boys’ long jump best of 5.63m beat the previous record of 5.51m set right back in 1994.
Freddie Cotton’s year 10 boys’ 200m time of 23.19s beat the previous record set in 2006 by 0.01seconds.
And Harry Nicholls’ year seven boys’ 300m time of 51.0s beat the previous record of 51.2s.
You may also want to watch:
New events were the year 10 girls’ triple jump, year seven girls’ discus and year seven girls’ javelin.
Charly Hosking, Lois Marshall and Rosie Miller set the targets to beat. The winning house was Grenville. Victor Ludorum and Victrix Ludorum (highest scoring individuals) went to Will Bond and Lois Marshall
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!