Sidmouth teenager to grow 80s mullet hairstyle to raise money for volunteer Kenya trip
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth College student is growing an 80s-style mullet hairstyle and moustache as part of his fundraising for a volunteering visit to Kenya.
George Chapman, 15, is among a group of students planning to travel to Kenya with Camps International next year to work with poor communities, helping to build schools and toilets.
He has been busking in Sidmouth over the last year to help raise the £4,500 needed for his trip, but has had to stop because of the coronavirus lockdown.
He decided to do ‘something fun’ instead, and is cultivating the retro-style mullet and facial hair.
His mother Julie Fuell said: “George is really into rock and metal. He does also like some 80s music, and the inspiration came from watching music videos on YouTube during lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
George has set up a JustGiving page and will be sharing photos of his progress towards the 80s look every Friday.
Visit George’s JustGiving page to donate.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National