Sidmouth College students arrive in style for prom
- Credit: Archant
It was an evening to remember as excited Sidmouth students waved away exam season for a night at their prom.
Sidmouth College students pulled out the stops with an array of beautiful dresses and sharp suits as they celebrated the end of GCSEs.
Tractors, limos and open top cars were among the vehicles that pulled in to Woodbury Park to drop off the students for the night's festivities.
Principal Sarah Parsons and vice-principal Jim Ingham-Hill congratulated the year group for their hard work and said it was a 'great way' to mark the start of their futures.
Mrs Parsons said: "As a group they have been hard working, focused, and a real pleasure to have at the school. They are a special group of students who have built amazing relationships with staff and each other over their time at Sidmouth College.
You may also want to watch:
"I am looking forward to sharing their successes in the summer.
"I speak on behalf of all staff when I say that this group of students will be missed by all and we are looking forward to welcoming a large number back into our Sixth Form in September.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
"The prom is a fantastic opportunity for the students to celebrate their five years together at the College and it was incredible to see the strong bond they have forged as a year group. Tonight has been a real celebration and a great way to mark the start of their futures."
To order photos visit our site here.