Sidmouth College students enjoy exciting day at Haven Banks
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College youngsters enjoyed an exciting day out as part of a legacy project set up by the town’s Lions club.
Some 43 students were selected to go on the reward trip to Haven Banks in Exeter.
The youngsters spent the day working on their team-building skills as they were tasked to build rafts and sail them on the River Exe.
In the afternoon, they took to the water to compete against each other in a Dragon Boat race.
The Lions club launched the Sidmouth College Annual Pledge last year to treat youngsters to an activities day to improve their personal development.
You may also want to watch:
Co-principal Jim Ingham-Hill said: “As a college, we are delighted and honoured to have had the chance to work alongside the Lions club for a second year in a row as part of the legacy project. Over the next few years, we hope this partnership will continue and ensure that hundreds of Sidmouth College students are given the opportunity to take part in an exciting enrichment opportunity. The day at Haven Banks was exciting and students had a great day.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution