Sidmouth College students gear up for Passion for Fashion fortnight
THERE is a hive of activity at Sidmouth College at the moment as students prepare for next month s Passion for Fashion night.
THERE is a hive of activity at Sidmouth College at the moment as students prepare for next month's Passion for Fashion night.
Very much a community effort, with sponsorships from Sidmouth hotels and fashion from some of its High Street shops, Year 11 students will model their prom gowns and suits, while Year Nine students will produce Trashion Fashion, working with textiles teacher Carolyn Sinclair and textile artist Hester from Green and Glamorous.
Inspired by Tokyo Street fashion with a strong sustainability theme, Oxfam has provided clothing items to be restyled.
The evening, in the school hall from 7.30pm on Friday, July 3, will be choreographed by dance teacher Geraldine Barnett and two lucky teachers will be chosen to have a makeover.
You may also want to watch:
Hair and makeup will be professionally styled by girls from Ultimate.
VIP tables are available and lucky ticket holders will receive complimentary wine or bubbly on arrival, and waiters attending tables will add true style.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Organised by Sidmouth College Association, tickets are �8 adults, �6 children and �20 for VIPs and available from the college reception and The Sidmouth Florist, Church Street.
Other sponsors include New Look, Luther & Jane, Vintage Clothing, Sidmouth Surf Shop and County Couture.