Sidmouth College students gear up for Passion for Fashion fortnight
THERE is a hive of activity at Sidmouth College at the moment as students prepare for next month s Passion for Fashion night.
THERE is a hive of activity at Sidmouth College at the moment as students prepare for next month's Passion for Fashion night.
Very much a community effort, with sponsorships from Sidmouth hotels and fashion from some of its High Street shops, Year 11 students will model their prom gowns and suits, while Year Nine students will produce Trashion Fashion, working with textiles teacher Carolyn Sinclair and textile artist Hester from Green and Glamorous.
Inspired by Tokyo Street fashion with a strong sustainability theme, Oxfam has provided clothing items to be restyled.
The evening, in the school hall from 7.30pm on Friday, July 3, will be choreographed by dance teacher Geraldine Barnett and two lucky teachers will be chosen to have a makeover.
Hair and makeup will be professionally styled by girls from Ultimate.
VIP tables are available and lucky ticket holders will receive complimentary wine or bubbly on arrival, and waiters attending tables will add true style.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
Organised by Sidmouth College Association, tickets are �8 adults, �6 children and �20 for VIPs and available from the college reception and The Sidmouth Florist, Church Street.
Other sponsors include New Look, Luther & Jane, Vintage Clothing, Sidmouth Surf Shop and County Couture.