Major plans submitted from Sidmouth College
- Credit: Archant
Proposals to knock down part of Sidmouth College and build a state-of-the-art science block have been officially submitted.
The Herald previously revealed the college’s plans to submit an application for a new L-shaped block of classrooms.
The building will be the new home to science and humanities department, covering 4,017m² .
The buildings will also feature practice rooms and a studio for music.
The existing building is approximately 60 years old and has started to show signs of its age with a number of minor cracks and mould issues. The decision was made to demolish the existing building rather than refurbish it. The plans have been specially designed so that construction can take place without the need for the college to close.
You may also want to watch:
The application will now go before the Sidmouth Town Council planning committee before the final decision is made by East Devon District Council.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club