Sidmouth College walk success
SPONSORSHIP money from nearly 800 Sidmouth College students who took part in last Thursday s annual walk, will go to Sidmouth Youth Trust and the college library.
SPONSORSHIP money from nearly 800 Sidmouth College students who took part in last Thursday's annual walk, will go to Sidmouth Youth Trust and the college library.
Money raised will be counted when the college re-opens next week after its half-term break.
Paul Whitehouse, chairman of Sidmouth Youth Trust, and its secretary David Richards, talked to students before the walk about the Trust's work to encourage more "community cohesion" between the town's teenagers and older residents, including helping provide a youth caf� at the Esplanade shelters.
The circular route took in The Byes, Esplanade, Peak Hill and Muttersmoor, before reaching Northmostown near Newton Poppleford, Colaton Raleigh and back up to Passiford Lane and returning to the college.
You may also want to watch:
Students walked in groups of four or more and staff also joined the walk.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary