Sidmouth Community Centre fact-finding trip
DIRECTORS of Stowford Community Centre have visited a community centre in Paignton to learn a few tricks on how to provide a first-class service to Sidmouth residents.
The centre and Children’s Centre at the Stowford Rise site, need �15,000 to pay for such extras as outside storage and solar panels and the Sidmouth Herald is backing directors by supporting Stowford Community Centre for CAMPAIGN 2011.
“The directors want to learn as much as possible from neighbouring centres to ensure that we provide our community with a first class service,” said fundraising chairman Jan Jones, who lives near the Sidmouth centre, currently under construction.
The group visited Great Parks Community Centre, in Paignton last week, and, said Jan: “The visit proved invaluable and our directors learnt that commitment and hard work are key to a successful team.
“We will also need to consult with the community to ensure we constantly meet their changing needs.”*
You may also want to watch:
*Jan is holding a fundraising Body Shop party at her Baker Close home on Friday, March 11 at 8pm.
Anyone interested in attending, or ordering items, should call her on (01395) 579195.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98