Sidmouth community centre’s bazaar bid!
FUNDRAISERS with their hearts on a �25,000 cash haul to kit out the under construction Stowford Rise Community Centre hope a Christmas Bazaar next Friday will hand their bid an early festive present.
FUNDRAISERS with their hearts set on a �25,000 cash haul to kit out the under-construction Stowford Rise Community Centre hope a Christmas bazaar next Friday will hand their bid an early festive present.
The December 10 event, in the St John Ambulance Hall, Blackmore Drive, from 10am to 2pm, will raise cash needed to furnish the �1 million facility.
Organisers have urged anyone willing to donate goods to sell, excluding clothes, to contact them.
“You name it, we’ll be trying to sell it,” said Jan Jones, fundraising co-ordinator for the Stowford Rise Community Centre Association.
You may also want to watch:
The association, made up of residents and councillors, launched its fundraising drive in May.
“We’re doing very well, hopefully by Christmas our total should be about �5,000. People now want to support us more.”
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Jan praised plucky fellow fundraiser Mandy Dowling, who lost 30 pounds and netted �137 as part of a three-month sponsored slim.
Anyone wanting to help at the Christmas Bazaar, or who can donate items for sale or to be raffled, can contact Jan on (01395) 579195.
A bingo night in the St Francis Hall, Woolbrook, will take place from 7.30pm on Friday, December 17, in aid of the cause.