Sidmouth community centre: views sought
BUSINESS owners and community groups in the Stowford area of Sidmouth are being asked to fill in a survey about the new community centre. The Children s and Community Centre is scheduled to be built by March 2011 and when completed a number of facilities
BUSINESS owners and community groups in the Stowford area of Sidmouth are being asked to fill in a survey about the new community centre.
The Children's and Community Centre is scheduled to be built by March 2011 and when completed a number of facilities will be hired out to the wider community, including business and voluntary sectors.
The Community Enterprise Unit (CEU), a company based in Exeter, is consulting with as many local businesses and organisations as possible to help with the business planning stage for the centre.
A spokesperson for CEU said: "The new hall has been long awaited and will be able to complement, rather than compete with the new existing and strongly supported community facilities in the vicinity. It is our hope that we will be able to develop a mutually supportive network of referrals."
You may also want to watch:
The online survey, which must be completed by November 21, will help CEU to work out how the community centre hall will best be used. Visit www.ceults.co.uk/news/38. For more information ring Ben Allen on (01392) 666281.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again