Sidmouth Community Christmas Day Lunch plea for gift donation
- Credit: Archant
A plea has been issued to anyone who can donate a gift for the Sidmouth Community Christmas Day Lunch.
The Sid Valley Food Bank’s co-ordinator Andie Milne has been overwhelmed by all the support she has been given to enable the Christmas Day lunch to go ahead this year.
She said organisers had sent out invitations and estimated around 85 attendees, but encouraged anyone who otherwise would be alone this Christmas to get in touch to go along too.
As part of the preparations they have been organising gift bags for those attending the meal - which included a mug, with hot chocolate, tea and coffee, a 2019 diary 2019, pen, minced pies/cake and hair vouchers donated by The Hair Temple.
However they still do not have enough items for all the gift bags and really need mugs, diaries and pens, and appealed to anyone who could purchase a gift to donate.
You may also want to watch:
Call 07413 858335 or visit www.sidvalleyfoodbank.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight