Sidmouth concert nets �600 for cancer charity
A CONCERT in memory of a late Sidmouth Town Band member on Sunday raised �631 for cancer sufferers.
The Connaught Gardens event boosted Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support committee in honour of Eric Ashby, who died suddenly in 2009.
Macmillan secretary Kim Bloxham hailed the amount raised as “fantastic” and said:
“I would like to express our grateful thanks to the Sidmouth Town Band, who dedicated the concert to Eric, and particularly to those who contributed to the event by paying tribute to the memory of Eric- a member of the band and a great supporter of Macmillan.
“He helped out at a number of our events.”
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised for Macmillan in Sidmouth are kept and used in Devon.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again