Sidmouth concert nets �600 for cancer charity
A CONCERT in memory of a late Sidmouth Town Band member on Sunday raised �631 for cancer sufferers.
The Connaught Gardens event boosted Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support committee in honour of Eric Ashby, who died suddenly in 2009.
Macmillan secretary Kim Bloxham hailed the amount raised as “fantastic” and said:
“I would like to express our grateful thanks to the Sidmouth Town Band, who dedicated the concert to Eric, and particularly to those who contributed to the event by paying tribute to the memory of Eric- a member of the band and a great supporter of Macmillan.
“He helped out at a number of our events.”
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised for Macmillan in Sidmouth are kept and used in Devon.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home