Sidmouth concert nets �600 for cancer charity
A CONCERT in memory of a late Sidmouth Town Band member on Sunday raised �631 for cancer sufferers.
The Connaught Gardens event boosted Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support committee in honour of Eric Ashby, who died suddenly in 2009.
Macmillan secretary Kim Bloxham hailed the amount raised as “fantastic” and said:
“I would like to express our grateful thanks to the Sidmouth Town Band, who dedicated the concert to Eric, and particularly to those who contributed to the event by paying tribute to the memory of Eric- a member of the band and a great supporter of Macmillan.
“He helped out at a number of our events.”
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised for Macmillan in Sidmouth are kept and used in Devon.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live