Sidmouth concert to boost cancer charity
A LATE Sidmouth Town Band member will be remembered at a special concert which hopes to raise cash for cancer sufferers on Sunday.
The weekly event at 8pm in Connaught Gardens will boost Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support committee in honour of Eric Ashby, who died suddenly in 2009.
“Eric was a member of the band and he was also the husband of our previous secretary Jenny Ashby,” said newly appointed Macmillian in Sidmouth secretary Kim Bloxham.
“Eric was a keen supporter of Macmillan and helped out at a number of our events.”
All money donated on the night will be given to the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bloxham was recently appointed secretary of the charity branch, along with new chairman Joyce Burnham and several new committee members.
“Funds raised for Macmillan in Sidmouth are kept and used in Devon. Last year we donated �11,000” she said.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 4 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 5 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat