Sidmouth concert to boost cancer charity
A LATE Sidmouth Town Band member will be remembered at a special concert which hopes to raise cash for cancer sufferers on Sunday.
The weekly event at 8pm in Connaught Gardens will boost Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support committee in honour of Eric Ashby, who died suddenly in 2009.
“Eric was a member of the band and he was also the husband of our previous secretary Jenny Ashby,” said newly appointed Macmillian in Sidmouth secretary Kim Bloxham.
“Eric was a keen supporter of Macmillan and helped out at a number of our events.”
All money donated on the night will be given to the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bloxham was recently appointed secretary of the charity branch, along with new chairman Joyce Burnham and several new committee members.
“Funds raised for Macmillan in Sidmouth are kept and used in Devon. Last year we donated �11,000” she said.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary