Sidmouth concert to boost cancer charity
A LATE Sidmouth Town Band member will be remembered at a special concert which hopes to raise cash for cancer sufferers on Sunday.
The weekly event at 8pm in Connaught Gardens will boost Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support committee in honour of Eric Ashby, who died suddenly in 2009.
“Eric was a member of the band and he was also the husband of our previous secretary Jenny Ashby,” said newly appointed Macmillian in Sidmouth secretary Kim Bloxham.
“Eric was a keen supporter of Macmillan and helped out at a number of our events.”
All money donated on the night will be given to the cause.
Mrs Bloxham was recently appointed secretary of the charity branch, along with new chairman Joyce Burnham and several new committee members.
“Funds raised for Macmillan in Sidmouth are kept and used in Devon. Last year we donated �11,000” she said.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang