Sidmouth Consolidated Charities sets bench-mark
RESIDENTS in Lymebourne Park have been handed a bench boost by Sidmouth Consolidated Charities.
The cause splashed around �100 on a new seat so tenants at council-owned homes, many of whom are elderly, can enjoy the outdoors.
Sidmouth Consolidated Charities leaders have invited more applications for cash help.
Administrator Ruth Rose said: “We provide grants for hardship cases of all sorts in the Sidmouth area, and try to pick up the pieces where social services don’t pay out, but there’s a good reason why somebody needs something.”
The charity recently paid out for a tumble dryer for the mother of a disabled child and also provide grants for educational purposes to help with travel expenses, books and computers.
You may also want to watch:
Lymbourne Park residents made a request for the bench and were delighted with its purchase.
“It’s very good and will be used a lot,” said nearby resident Mary Dickson.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Sidmouth Consolidated Charities chairman Ann Liverton said: “This is what we do. We’re happy to give money to people who need it and this is a good cause.
Lymebourne and Arcot Park Residents Association chairman John Fowler added: “It’s great we can have another seat here, and great we have a charity like this which can add these things.”
Anyone wishing to make an application for a grant can apply in writing an send it to Ruth Rose at 22 Alexandria Road, Sidmouth, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.