Sidmouth councillor leaves her post
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Town Council is on the lookout for a new member following the resignation of one civic leader.
Maggie Baldwin, who was co-opted to represent the South Ward in July 2011, stepped down from her position due to ‘family health matters’.
She will continue in her roles withStowford Community Centre and craft classes, but decided to leave the council to care for her mother.
“I regret having to resign but I hope everyone will understand,” said Maggie.
She added that she enjoyed her time as a councillor and thoroughly recommended that anyone with a real interest in local politics should put themselves forward.
You may also want to watch:
Her former colleagues thanked her for her contributions to the council when they met on Monday.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank