Sidmouth couple celebrate 65 years of marriage
Jack and Renee were childhood sweethearts
CHILDHOOD sweethearts Jack and Renee Cordwell’s love for one another is still going strong after 65 years of marriage.
The great grandparents, both 90, celebrated their blue sapphire anniversary last week.
The couple, of Knowle Drive, met as teenagers while growing up in Manchester.
Their relationship survived the Second World War when Jack served in the RAF for five years and Renee was conscripted to work in the office of an aircraft factory that made Lancaster Bombers.
You may also want to watch:
The couple wed after the war in 1947.
“She means everything to me,” said Jack. “Sixty-five years is a long time .”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support