Sidmouth couple celebrate 65 years of marriage
Jack and Renee were childhood sweethearts
CHILDHOOD sweethearts Jack and Renee Cordwell’s love for one another is still going strong after 65 years of marriage.
The great grandparents, both 90, celebrated their blue sapphire anniversary last week.
The couple, of Knowle Drive, met as teenagers while growing up in Manchester.
Their relationship survived the Second World War when Jack served in the RAF for five years and Renee was conscripted to work in the office of an aircraft factory that made Lancaster Bombers.
You may also want to watch:
The couple wed after the war in 1947.
“She means everything to me,” said Jack. “Sixty-five years is a long time .”
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI